Stock Claims allow you to identify inventory that may not be sellable and take the appropriate action to restock it back into inventory or remove it from your system. This article is an overview to the stock claim process.
Stock claims allow you to identify inventory that may not be sellable during a variety of process, including unpacking cancelled or archived orders, at the time of delivery in the DCT or the DMS, or creating individual claims via the Stock Claim page.
Navigate to the stock claims page by clicking Inventory, then Stock Claims.
This page will load all your pending and completed claims. You can choose to further narrow down your results with the following filters:
- SKU Details: Filter by SKU Code, SKU Name, Product Name, UPC, Brand.
- Lot Details: Filter by Lot Code, 3rd-Party Lot Code.
- Location: You can use the drop-down or type ahead to select a specific warehouse or vehicle location. You can also select the modal on the right-hand side to view your various locations and their relationships.
- Created Date Range: Use the calendar to select the date range the stock claim was created. Click that start and end date to set the range. If you want to search just one day, double-click the same date.
- Created by User: Use the drop-down to select the individual who created the stock claim in the system.
- Status: You can select between pending, completed or both. Completed means a SKU has been removed or returned to stock whereas pending means a SKU must still be put away or adjusted.
Once you have selected your search terms click Search and the table will populate will the following default columns.
Status (Completed or Pending)
Created At (date-time that the stock claim was created at)
- Create by User
- Order ID
- Package ID
- 3rd Party Lot ID
You can always change what columns are visible by clicking Show/Hide Columns.
You will be able to click on each row to view a history page for that individual stock claim.
Stock Claim Details
If a stock claim is Completed, when you click through to view it, you will see two columns. The Stock Claim column gives you all the information about the SKU that was claimed. The Resolutions column shows you what the type of completed action for the claim: whether the stock was just moved to another location, put back into inventory (ex: a damaged package was repackaged and ready to be sold again) or whether it was fully removed from the warehouse and inventory tracking (ex: product was expired and unsellable).
If a stock claim is Pending, when you click through to view it, you will need to choose an action against it in order to complete the claim. Read this article to learn all about the stock claim actions that can be taken.
Exporting Stock Claims
In the bottom-left corner of the main Stock Claims page there is a button title Export.
You are able to export the data in two different ways:
1. Export: A CSV file will be emailed to you with all of the items shown in the table. Each stock claim will be an individual line item.
2. Export with Resolutions: A CSV file will be emailed to you with all of the items shown in the table. This export will only show the two resolution types: Remove and Put Away. To learn more about all the ways you can action on a stock claim click here. Each stock claim will be an individual line item.
From this page you can also Create a Stock Claim in the upper-right corner. Click this link to learn more about how to add a stock claims.
Please note: Transferring an item to a Claims zone will not create a Claim and remove the item from available inventory. Click here to learn how to create and reconcile a claim.